Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sooooooooo....

I started blogging on Friday but ended up not being able to finish because midway through I got a call from Sky (at about 1630) asking me if I had a dress ready because we needed to be at a banquet at 1800. (Awesome, huh?) So I get off the computer and jump in the shower and get all dolled up. Sky had not much time to get his blues ready but we succeeded and got to the e-club early. We had no clue what we were doing there, Sky was just asked to get ready and call his Chief when we got to the club. Turns out we were there so Sky could represent him because he couldn't attend. So here we are a SSgt and his wife sitting in the spots for a CMSgt and his wife surrounded by more CMSgts, SMSgts, and selects for Chief and Senior MSgt. Not awkward at all... lol. Luckily a friend of mine was there. So that was cool. Well we both had a couple of drinks so we took a cab home.

Saturday morning Sky got up before me and went and got the truck. I told him to wake me up when he got home and he did. He told me he went to the BX and started showing me all this stuff he came home with. He showed me a bear, a bag with perfume and body wash, and a reusable shopping bag. He said they gave him all the stuff for free. I asked if they were having a promotion or something and he said yeah, and then he pulled out a box and said they also gave me this, he opened it and there was my new bridal set. A princess cut diamond solitaire and a matching white gold band. (I can't get a good picture though :( )I cried because it was so sweet of him to go out and get it for me. Completely unexpected. I was hoping I would get it around Christmas this year but I guess he thought it was too long. The reason I needed new rings is because mine were tearing my finger up. They're not comfort fit bands, it's kind of hard to explain but I can't wear them anymore. lol Unfortunately the rings are too big so I can't wear them on my ring finger right now but they're so pretty that I've been wearing them on my middle finger. I think I might start a new trend. :p

We had Roxy this weekend while Michelle and Gian were in Sapporo. She was been fun, exhausting sometimes, but fun. I gave her her first doggy ice cream. She seemed to love it.
Here she is eating some off a spoon.

(Isn't she effen adorable??)

Michelle and Gian got back tonight and came by to pick them up. They also brought us some cookies that can only be purchased in Hokkaido. They're tasty! They have to be all complex though lol. They were wrapped, then in a box, then individually wrapped. I don't think I've ever worked so hard for cookies.


Awesomely delicious. Man, everyone is trying to get me fat though! lol Michelle and Gian bringing cookies, Sky bought me an effen three pound heart. That's right. Three pounds! Apparently there isn't enough of me and Sky wants to make more. Three pounds more, maybe? lol

In other news I drove all around base tonight. In snow and ice! Yay for Sky drinking and us being hungry and lazy lol. That was the motivation. Food. I'll do a lot of things for food. It's definitely the people that make me so uncomfortable driving. I only got REALLY nervous when we fishtailed a little bit, but I'd say that's understandable. So after Sky tests (when he has more time) we're going to drive around at night when people aren't really on the road and get me really comfortable with everything and then slowly I'll start venturing out to places during the day. So that's the plan.

.... Yeah.... so I've pretty much got nothing else to say and I'm tired as hell so... night.

PS: How do you like the new background?

"Okay. But dogs CAN look up!"
Shaun (Simon Pegg) Shaun of the Dead

2 comments:

Michelle said...

When you get your rings back I can try and get a good photo for you while you're wearing them!
Roxy looks so skeptical in that photo lol.

LOLz at Sky's plan with the 3 lbs of Chocolate.

manysisters said...

Love the new wallpaper--how did you do that? I couldn't find any on my custom page. I wanna see the new rings, whatever finger they are on!love you both so much!