Sunday, February 14, 2010

A (mostly) wicked awesome Valentine's day!!

But I'll start off with the night before...

We went to dinner after Michelle got off work. She and Gian took us to the huge Vikings out in Hachinohe as a thanks for watching their furbabies while they were in Sopporo. We decided we'd head to Nitori (housewares type store) first so they could look at the beds that were available. So we wandered around in there for a bit and then we went back to the car so we could go eat. Gian turns the key in the ignition and it makes this sad little sound and then just dies... He kept trying and at first everything would turn on (lights, radio etc) but after a few times none of that stuff would come on and it didn't even click. We started to freak out a bit because it was cold, we were like an hour away from Misawa, we were starving, and even with all four of us we spoke a sad amount of Japanese. After a while a Japanese guy came up and talked to Sky and Gian a little and then he left. We guessed he was going to get jumper cables. While he was gone though, my husband being a total badass got it to start. We waited around for a long time but the guy didn't come back so we left. We felt kind of like assholes but we couldn't wait any longer. So random Japanese guy if you're reading this for some reason gomen!!!

We were dumbasses though because we decided to roll the dice after Sky got the car started and go eat anyway. So we ate a ton of food and then we went to leave, and of course the car wouldn't start again so Sky had to get on the ground under the car in like four inches of snow to bang on the starter to get it to start.

So in the morning Sky and I got up and got ready and headed over to Michelle and Gian's where we met up with them, Chris, and Satoko so we could go boarding. We headed over to Makado. Our first two runs we went on the shorter lift. I failed some but not terrible. Then our last run we went all the way to the top which you actually have to take two lifts up to. That's when I started to fail more. lol I rode with Satoko at the top and when I got off I fell and knocked into her and then the lift hit her and then she hit a pole on the side. I felt so bad! I bet she never wants to ride a lift with me again. I also made Michelle face-plant. I hit Chris once but he didn't fall. I hit Sky a few times, never made him fall, but I snowboarded over his brand new board. :( I felt really bad about that.

I did alright. I really need to learn to be on my toe edge. I also need to learn how to turn better. I'm sort of getting the hang of stopping without falling. But we discovered that I can ride regular or goofy, which I guess is odd. But whatev.

I really only hurt myself really bad once. I was going along and this little girl, who was maybe four, was skiing and cut in front of me. She was so close to me that her skis hit my board so the only way I could stop was by throwing myself on the ground. I dislocated my shoulder pretty bad but I was able to get it back in and get all the way down. I fell on it once more at almost the very bottom of the mountain and then I decided I was done for the day. I didn't think I could take another hit to that shoulder. It seems better now. Only hurts when there is pressure on it. Hopefully in a couple days it'll be all better.

Enjoy this pic from Makado of all of us.

Top: Satoko, Michelle, Me, Sky
Bottom: Gian, Chris

In other exciting news Kimmie had her second baby!!! Happy Birfday Rosalie Faith!!

"I wonder if the carpet matches her pubes."
Chuck (Paul Rudd) Forgetting Sarah Marshall

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL this was entertaining to read. I think you could have elaborated into how you rammed into me and threw me down onto my face a bit better! haha