Friday, March 19, 2010

Crazy, crazy, crazy....

Sorry it has been so long. Things around here have been nuts. Sky was preparing to test for tech, I got slammed with school, we were watching a dog, then I was working on an application, cover letter, and resume for a job. So lots of writing, thinking, working... But first snowboarding.

We went on a snowboarding trip on the 5 and 6th to a resort called Naqua Shirakami. It was a good time. We did two runs when we arrived and it was pretty rough because I still can't go on my toe edge so my quadriceps were KILLING me. But after we did those two runs we decided to go and eat at the buffet. At the buffet we had what I like to call the dinner challenge. Chris is big on trying everything so he ended up with raw cuttlefish guts. Then Gian, who is only big on trying things he thinks will be tasty ended up with what he thought was some sort of apple custard. Apparently it tasted like lard. Well Chris started mixing the cuttlefish and the apple lard together and then decided he would pay Michelle 7000 yen if she would eat it. There was a large spoonful of this nastyness but Michelle went for it after some deliberation. It. Was. EPIC. She wasn't able to swallow it so she ended up throwing up a little but it was hilarious. She was a trooper about it. So, after dinner silliness we went up to our rooms. The girls and I shared a room and the boys shared one. The guys and Satoko went snowboarding again at the terrain park to do some jumps and stuff and Michelle and I were going to get massages and then we were all going to go to a festival together. They were supposed to come meet us back at the room but one of Chris' bindings broke so Michelle and I ended up just staying in since we didn't know where to go.

But after that we all ended up going to the onsen. It was Michelle's first time ever and it was my first time in a VERY long time. It was, interesting. lol We were really uncomfortable at first and it took everything in our power not to turn and leave but we knew if we wanted to do anymore snowboarding the next day we would need the hot water. So we proceeded. It was nice showering down there because there was actually conditioner (there wasn't any in our room). Then we walked quickly (hiding in towels) to the onsen. The water was amazing. Thankfully when we were in the actual bath there wasn't really anyone else in there. It made it a little less awkward. Also we were extremely worried that because we were Americans that people would stare at us but they really didn't so that was good. It was really fun, I'm excited for next season. I'm hoping I'll be able to get gear before then so I don't have to rent every time. I also hope that we start earlier and I'm able to get my toe edge! lol But we shall see.

Back to everything else. The results for tech aren't in yet and won't be for a while. Sky is growing a playoff 'stache. And super importantly I got that job I was hoping for!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D I'm so excited. I start on Monday. There's been some other stuff going on but I don't want to talk about that just yet. But alas I must leave. I have a lot of stuff to do because things are going to start getting busier. Sorry it's been forever I'm going to try and stop sucking. :s

"I dazzled him with my.... wits..."
Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles) 10 Things I Hate About You

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL, I like the descriptions of the dinner events.